Rubicon Models 28mm (1/56) scale Tiger

Can you really have a German tank force without the iconic Tiger tank? I didn't think so either! Here are some pics of a WIP that I have been tinkering with, and balancing effort with historical accuracy - I hope you like it!


I chose to model a mid/late production (early '44) variant with mostly included parts from the Rubicon kit and some Mr. Surfacer 500 "roughly" applied zimmerit by hand. I've had good luck in the past with this technique, and I think it turned out well here.

Some of the selection of parts in Rubicon's instructions don't match historically with my reference materials, so I opted to pick and choose appropriately.

The headlamp still needs to be added as well as the mount and power cable.

I removed the molded on ring just before the muzzle brake.

A bit more filling needed.


I would have to say that overall, the kit was, as usual with Rubicon, a pleasure to build.

-Sam

Comments

Popular Posts